Currently Professor in the Drexel Charles D Close School of Entrepreneurship and a Trustee of the National Arts Program Foundation.
• Management of R&D at United Technologies Research Laboratories and technology-based start-ups. Over 20 scientific papers published/presented.
• Built TFX Aerospace to over $600 million with operations in 10 countries.
• As vice chairman, helped build Teleflex Inc, to a $ 2.2 billion global provider of goods and services with over 130 operations in 21 countries.
• Founded Global Advisors LLC providing counsel in technology assessment and global business strategy.
• Served as CEO and chairman of Indivers BV (the Netherlands), a private venture fund focused on entrepreneurs.
• Acted as advisor to OTB BV (the Netherlands) and the Aerospace Industries Association Board of Governors.
• Served as director of more than 20 organizations in 7 countries.
B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in physics from Washington State University, Trinity College and the University of Connecticut, respectively and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
• 1994 Named Pennsylvania Innovation Network Entrepreneur of the Year for service to small enterprises
• 2017 Invited to be the inaugural “Charter Talk” speaker, The Urgent Need for Entrepreneurship Education in High Schools. The National Conference of Charter Schools, Washington, D.C.
• 2017 Schulze Award for Outstanding commentary publication “Entrepreneurship Education Must Start Before College”.
• 2018 Schulze Publication Award in Teaching and Education: “How New Solo Entrepreneurs Can Think Through Their Finances”.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
• Carriker, R. C. “LIFE STRATEGIES – Preparing Students to Earn Their Way in Life”. E-textbook, 2016.
• Carriker, R. C. The Case for Exposing Every Student to Entrepreneurship. Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice, 17(1), 21-32, 2017.
• Carriker, R. (2017, October 4). Entrepreneurship education must start before college. Entrepreneurship & Innovation Exchange. Retrieved May 14, 2018, from https://eiexchange.com/content/291-entrepreneurship-education-must-start-before-college
• Carriker, R.C. US Entrepreneurship Education…..Missing the Mark for Greater Societal Impact. American Journal of Management, 18(2), 2018.
• Carriker, R. (2018, May 8). Educating the unintended entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship & Innovation Exchange. Retrieved May 14, 2018, from https://eiexchange.com/content/344-educating-the-unintended-entrepreneur
• Carriker, R. (2018, June 18). How New Solo Entrepreneurs Can Think Through Their Finances. Retrieved June 18, 2018 from https://eiexchange.com/content/346how-new-solo-entrepreneurs-can-think-through-their-finances
• Carriker, Roy C. (2019, March 13). Essential Advice for Unintended Entrepreneurs. Retrieved March 14, 2019, from https://www.nextavenue.org.
• Carriker, Roy C. (2019, March 17). Essential Advice for Unintended Older Entrepreneurs. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com.
• Carriker, Roy C. (2019, April 11). Unintended entrepreneurs: sometimes it’s a matter of survival. Retrieved from https://www.marketwatch.com.